Shining 3D is committed to bringing products built with the best quality, value, and performance. Our products are made to perform with reliability, and within tolerance, during their lifespan.
Warranty plan at a glance
Online support and self-help knowledge base
Labor and Spare Part
Embedded Software and firmware update*
Shipping fee from Shining3D to you**
Shipping fee from you to Shining3D
* Embedded software updated refers to the Shining3D product software and do not include standalone software license like exocad, Maestro, or similar.
**Shipping costs exclude custom brokerage fees, duties, taxes, and VAT.
- Any warranty plan does not cover misuse, abuse, wear and tear, environmental or natural disasters, and other unwarranted damages.
- Standard Warranty
Shining 3D warrants for Twelve (12) months “standard warranty” from the original purchase date to all dental products.
Standard Warranty is automatically included with purchasing any Shining 3D hardware products at no additional cost. It covers:
1. Dental products or ad-dons fail electrically or mechanically due to manufacturing defects within Twelve (12) months
2. The human factor does not cause the failure electrically or mechanically to the dental products and accessories
3. The date of commencement of the warranty is calculated as follows:
- Based on the activation date. (if there is no activation record, based on the equipment purchase date.)
- If the user cannot provide purchase invoices, it is calculated based on the equipment shipment date recorded in Shining 3D.
*If one of the above conditions is not met, there will be an “out of warranty” policy
‘Standard warranty includes:
- Free technical support: email, TeamViewer, and self-help knowledge base
- Coverage of labor and part costs of repairs due to malfunctioning or defects in manufacturing.
- Shipping conditions –Shining 3D covers outbound shipment airport-to-airport or port-to-port, not including custom fees, handling, and import duties at the customer's destination. The customer pays for inbound (return) shipping and associated costs, for goods delivered to Shining 3D, after a grace period of 30 days, which is part of Shining 3D’s DOA policy.
- Service completion target of 7~14 working days from receipt of your device.
- Customers must request and obtain a “Return Material Authorization” or RMA before returning any piece of equipment for service. This RMA must be obtained from the Customer Service Department of Shining 3D (Submit the ticket from support.shining3ddental.com)
2. Dead on Arrival (DOA)
Shining 3D is committed to achieving and maintaining the highest manufacturing and quality standards and controls, but in the unlikely event some units may perform differently than those standards.
A product will be covered under the 'DOA Policy' if
- It is found to be damaged within 30 days after arrival.
- The DOA requests must be approved by Shining 3D
- Dental products or add-ons fail electrically or mechanically due to manufacturing defects within the DOA timescale
- Dental products or add-ons have tested to be faulty in the diagnostic test after being received within the DOA timescale
- The date of commencement of the warranty is calculated as follows:
- Based on the date of the activation of the product. (if there is no activation record, based on the date of purchase of the equipment)
b. If the user is unable to provide purchase invoices, it is calculated based on the date of shipment of the equipment recorded in Shining 3D
- Free replacement of unit if a malfunction occurs within the DOA timescale
- Shipping conditions –Shining 3D covers for inbound and outbound shipment airport-to-airport or port-to-port, not including custom fees, handling, import duties at the customer destination point. A pre-paid shipping label or shipping account will be provided to sending the DOA unit back. Shining 3D will not reimburse for shipping charge by unauthorized shipment. The default shipment will be the ground shipping, customer can request expedited shipping at their own cost
- Customers must request and obtain a “Return Material Authorization” or RMA prior to returning any piece of equipment back for service, or to make arrangements for us to procure a replacement unit. This RMA must be obtained from the Customer Service Department of Shining 3D (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Customers should return the replaced device within 7 days and offer the tracking number after authorized by Customer Service Department of Shining 3D.
- Missing or damaged items of accessories such as calibration board, power supply will be reissued upon verification, which will not be processed as DOA for replacing the whole unit.
- The returned DOA product needs to be in its original package and should include its dongle, outer carton, power supply, USB thumb drive, and other accessories.
- Any missing or damage to the items in the package will result in ineligibility in DOA exchange.
*The replaced Product or repaired product under warranty shall continue to be under warranty for the remaining time of the original Warranty Period.
3. Out of Warranty or damage caused by human
The Under warranty and DOA shall not apply if the defect was caused by any of the following, but covered under “out of warranty”, if
- The purchase date of the product has exceeded the one-year warranty period
- The serial number have been removed or erased.
- The is not purchased from an authorized Shining 3D reseller.
- Defects caused by improper use as determined by Shining 3D authorized person
- Under warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of the product including but not limited to cracks or scratches on the camera lens, projector.
Service/Repair “out of warranty” or damage caused by human
- Customer is responsible to pay the repair service of labor and parts
- Customer is responsible for inbound and outbound freight charges to have the unit delivered to Shining 3D’s facilities in China/Germany/USA, and get the unit back. Custom fees, handling, import duties at the destination point are excluded.
- Customers must request and obtain a “Return Material Authorization” or RMA prior to returning any piece of equipment back for service. This RMA must be obtained from the Customer Service Department of Shining 3D (email@example.com)
- Once Shining 3D’s technicians have performed the inspection and diagnosis work, the customer will be issued with an estimate of the repair costs. This estimate will include credit for inspection cost above-mentioned.
- Customers must approve the estimate by submitting a new PO and by arranging payment of the balance before the unit is repaired and returned to the customer.
*The warranty of the repaired part will be for three (3) months from the date of repair.
How to contact us?
If the product does not function during the warranty period, you can obtain warranty service from Shining 3D, or Shining 3D approved resellers/distributors.
You can also contact Shining 3D support team by submit a support ticket from support.shining3ddental.com and track your service. Please note that the following information will be asked in your first contact with our support:
- The product model and serial number (you can find the label on the scanner)
- A copy of receipt, original invoice or bill of the purchase.
- HK: Room03B,3/F,Tower2,Enterprise Square Phase1, No.9 Sheung Yuet Road, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- USA: 1740 Cesar Chavez St. Unit D. San Francisco, California 94124, United States of America
- Germany：Breitwiesenstraße 28, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany
*If not any proof of original purchase, the warranty will be taken from the shipping date from Shining 3D.